The Team at Attica are very thorough at making sure that our customers can shop with us with complete confidence. We understand that shopping online is not as straight-forward as walking into a physical store, so we’ll endeavor to do what we can to clarify our shipping, and answer some commonly asked questions.
First of all, however, we’ve never missed a delivery of a single product, so you’re going to receive delivery of the product you ordered, we’re very confident in that. Alrhough we have over 1000 different products, we’re still a fairly compact company, so you just speak to one of the owners at Attica. Please use the “Contact Us” form on the Home Page or use the Mobile number provided to call me directly (Chris) and I’ll endeavor to answer any questions you have.
Here’s some information that may assist in creating clarity with our Shipping:
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will I receive my product?
- Attica has around 15 separate suppliers for furniture and décor plus our own product range. The majority of products are shipped from Sydney either from our own storage facility or from our supplier warehouses in the Sydney area. Once your Order is received it is actioned the same day, we either notify our supplier to send it directly to you or if it’s one of Attica’s products, we pack & box it on the day the order is received and post it the following day. Refer to the table below for delivery times.
Where do you deliver to?
- We deliver Australia-wide but with a few exceptions. Whenever the delivery requires shipping to a small island or to very remote parts of Australia we occasionally will not deliver. However, if you’re in a non-delivery area please just give me a call and I’ll get a shipping quote for you. If you’re happy with the quote then just proceed to purchase the item you’re after.
How are your Shipping Prices Calculated?
- We have our own in-built shipping system based on weights and postcodes. Smaller items cost less to deliver than larger items. Items sent to Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane cost less than deliveries to Perth or Hobart, again due to the lower delivery costs to locations near Sydney.
- Our calculations take the average of shipping price of our 6 main competitors, then we deduct 10% from that average. Occasionally our competitors will be cheaper than us for a delivery on a specific item but on average Attica will have a lower “average” shipping cost across a range of products.
- Allow 15-25 days for delivery of Artwork. This is because the Artwork is prepared prior to delivery, i.e. this could include framing of the Artwork or Printing even Painting of the Artwork prior to delivery.
Delivery of Multiple Items
Where multiple items have been ordered at once, they’ll often be shipped from different locations and hence will arrive at different times. When ordering both furniture and décor, in this instance you’ll likely receive your décor first and then the furniture a few days later, this is normal but rest assured you will receive your goods.
For medium sized items such as chairs or flat packed furniture that cannot be shipped via Australia Post, we will send them through one of several freight carriers. Our standard agreement with our carriers does not include a call to arrange a suitable delivery time. Please note that delivery dates shown on the carriers’ websites are only estimates and we cannot take any liability for late deliveries.
With furniture items, we will not send the items to a PO Box. We suggest you provide a street address for delivery for these items.
Usually, our freight deliveries are sent straight to your doorstep and require a signature upon delivery to acknowledge that the items have been received in a reasonable order. However, if you anticipate that you might not be at home for your delivery, please leave a comment on the website on checkout to inform us that it is ok to leave the item at the door. If you choose to do this, then you’ll do that at your own risk, only in very few instances will our products be insured against theft.
Also due to security and liability restriction of our carriers, the customer is responsible for bringing any of such merchandise into their home, so we recommend that you have someone available to help you carry the items into your home, unpack and install your furniture.
If, for any reason, our shipping partner is not able to successfully deliver your order they should leave a card with further delivery instructions. In these situations, Attica reserves the right to charge you for any additional costs incurred (e.g. shipping and storage) or to cancel the sale contract, in which case, we will fully refund you the net amount (i.e. the amount you paid minus shipping or storage costs).
Large furniture items are mostly shipped using a two men delivery service. Once your order has left the warehouse you will be notified via email. The carrier will typically contact you in order to arrange a delivery time that suits you best. Upon delivery, the drivers will carry your item into your room of choice.
Please note that it may not be advisable to give an authority to leave large items at your door as we will not be held liable for any loss and will not be able to provide the service to carry the items into your home and you may need to have someone available to help you.
Please also note, that in extreme cases where delivery locations are extremely remote, such as in regional Australia or on an island, we reserve the right to cancel an order. This, however, is only in very extreme cases, we will happily deliver to most locations, including remote locations Australia wide.Please contact us first if you'd like to check if your location may be subject to unusually high freight charges.